#geomob BCN meetup focused on geoinnovation – for fun or profit.
The goal of #geomobBCN will be the same as #geomob London: to provide a forum to learn and exchange ideas about interesting services and projects that deal with location. Everyone working in or curious about the location space or with location services is welcome, you do not need to be some sort of GIS expert (though GIS experts are of course welcome as well). What I am most interested in is not pure geo technology, but rather the application of new geo technologies in services and product of all kind. The goal is not pitch presentations or marketing, but rather interesting talks by doers about their experiences. Please tell everyone you know who may find the evening interesting!
The first Geomob BCN meeting will take place on January the 30th at Coworkidea.
The talks are a chance to learn, but equally important is the dialogue between the attendees, which is why I hope everyone can also stay for #geobeers (paid for by the sponsors) at a nearby bar after the talks. If our first event goes well, we will hope to make #geomobBCN a regular (quarterly?) thing.
We will follow the time-tested #geomob format:
- Doors open at 18:00
- At 18:30 we begin with a very brief introduction
- A few speakers presenting their projects. Each speaker will have slides and speak for 10-15 minutes. After each talk there will be time for 2-3 questions. The talks will be in English.
- After the talks we will head to a nearby bar for #geobeers paid for by the sponsors.
Our speakers on the evening will be:
- David Santos of real estate service Badi
- Ed Freyfogle of geocoding API OpenCage
- Carla Coll will present mapping startup Gotaki Maps
- Alexis Batlle, CEO and co-founder of location intelligence service AVUXI
All that, and geobeers! A geo good time is guaranteed.
Torres y Amat 21,
Metro (subway/underground lines):
Universitat L1, L2 // Catalunya L1, L3
FGC: Catalunya L6, L7, S1, S2, S5, S55
Train: RENFE Catalunya R1, R3, R4
Bus: 24, 41, 55, 59, 91, 120, H16, V13
Official Website of the event: